Thursday, June 05, 2008

No Power. No Thank You. Why Not Get Drunk. Yes Please!!


Some ass nasty thunderstorms stomped the district yesterday afternoon, really hitting hard at about three o'clock giving the Toast something to break up the afternoon monantany that seems to be hitting my office of late. From what I hear, 60mph winds, fierce rain, and falling trees really do a number on power lines so I was fortunate enough not to have electricity when I happened to make it back to "Fort Awesome" after a rough day of not doing work.

Following a good hour long run through the neighborhood and a nice random trip to target for some new underpants and various essentials (yes, a new copy of "Blazing Saddles" and jumbo bag of delicious trail mix qualify as essentials) I was left fending for myself for a way to pass the electricityless evening. To make matters worse, I was sans Kool-Aid as she was engaged with some co-workers in atrocities of which boyfriends should never have to endure, dunn.dunn.dunnnnn..."Sex and the City". So I did what any other red blooded irishmen would have done in my situation, I hoofed it to the nearest pub and began to tie one on.

I did some good work too. This wasn't your normal Wednesday evening out because there was no power drunk, this Wednesday evening out because of no power drunk had some pinache to it. Why is that you ask?? Because the bar I stopped in at was complete with a Toast fav...karoake. Oh Mama is right!! At about 12:30, after a number of pints, riveting discussion during the Red Wings winning the Stanley Cup, and an unfulfilling bout with some awfully bad nachos, the Toast rocked some Huey Lewis for the oddly large country music contingent at the bar's karoake night and called it an evening; hopefully to a fully operational Fort Awesome.

Had a bit of trouble getting to all cylanders this morning but at least I didn't miss work entirely. Tonight we may get into round two as I visit to a recently discovered brewery in Old Town Alexandria is in the works for some delicious growlers. Oh Mama is right.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

WOW cool thunderstorm! We don't get those in San Diego, dammit!!

And YAY for Blazing Saddles. So ridiculous!