Friday, June 06, 2008

Coco takes no shit from Rays.


Scenes of last night's brawl at Fenway following Coco Crisp getting plunked in the upper thigh (which is dangerously close to the no-no spot) by Rays pitcher James Shields; which was an obvious reaction Coco trying to send a message to the Tampa Bay infield by sliding hard into second base on an attempted steal the previous night. Also, after you exchange words with the opposing teams manager and you follow it up through the media with this, you gotta have to expect getting thrown at.

Crisp: "I don’t know if he could hear what I was saying, but basically I was saying I did that on my own, don’t punish anyone else on the team. Don’t get Petey (Dustin Pedroia), don’t get (Julio) Lugo, don’t get AC (Alex Cora) sliding hard at second base. Get me with a pitch. If you want to retaliate with somebody, I’m the man."

Baseball...It's faaaaaantastic!

No comments: