Friday, June 20, 2008

Finally, I get to say it again. Two Words: Fuck and Yes!


We're only hours away from the arrival in the District of one Little Charlie Coville and his special lady friend, and my current BFF, Mary and giddiness has pretty much taken over here at Toastedblog. True, some of it is due to being reunited with my bestest buddy for an entire weekend. I'm also kinda amped for what the weekend has in store for us as DC is getting hit with not only a barbecue cook off but also a brewfest. More importantly though, we've got Mutha-Fuckin' Pearl Jam to boot!!! I just hope they play fuckin' "Inside Job".

It's been a few years since I've gotten the pleasure of seeing a Pearl Jam show. Surprisingly enough they don't head out 'ol Syracuse-way too often. And this time I don't have to drive a few hours in two directions which greatly improves my drunkening chances for the evening. However, that's not what the evening is about so I'm not going to worry too much about it. Just looking forward to seeing the most fucking awesome band on the planet and doing so with one of it's most fucking awesome people. Awwww...for those who know me, what I said is actually kind of sweet.

And now, time to hit y'all with my anticipated set list:

Why Go
Breakerfall
Life Wasted
Army Reserve
Insignificance
Do the Evolution
Red Mosquito
Small Town
Once
Gone
World Wide Suicide
Even Flow
I Believe in Miracles (Ramones Cover)
Bushleager (for the reason that the show's in DC)
Daughter
Smile
I am Mine
State of Love and Trust
Alive
RVM
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

DAMMIT!!! I didn't work "Inside Job" in there. This is me with my fingers crossed that they did. Oh mama...Charlie, baby-back ribs, better than delicious beers, Mutha Fuckin' Pearl Jam!!! I'M SO HAPPY....I'M SO HAPPY!!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

So I guess they skip over the overplayed "Jeremy?"

Toastie said...

"jeremy" still rocks although I've heard it close to 12 million times over the years. no matter how many times I hear the guitar solo in "even flow" I become what is known as a "happy camper".

and ash....can I call you ash? see above. they did skip "jeremy".

Ashley said...

yeah, you can call me ash :)