Friday, January 04, 2008

"They think they're so high and mighty, just because they never got caught driving without pants"




Word on the street is that not too many folks think the odds of Eli Manning leading the Giants to victory this weekend are not all that high. True, the Bucs do have one of the leagues best pass defenses during the regular season but I actually believe that this game will be Eli's chance to prove some of his ney-sayers wrong. If the Giants are able to establish the run with Brandon Jacobs against the front 8 of the Bucs, I feel that Eli could be quite successful with the play action and will be able to move the ball against this aging but talented defense. What doesn't bode well is that the weather is supposed to be a wee' bit crappy and for some reason bad weather and Eli don't mix which is kinda beyond me. I mean, he's spent numerous years in both Mississippi and New Jersey, you think he'd have learned by now.

Realistically Eli doesn't have to win this game for the Giants, he just can't lose it for them and I think coming off the game against the Pats, what he's hopefully learned over his last two playoff starts, and hopefully riding the success of Jacobs' power running Eli will end up looking like the quarterback that us Giants fans were hoping for. Just don't prove me wrong on this one Eli. Not to add to the pressure but I've got a lot invested this time 'round. C'mon and show me sumpin'!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice call man. look at em now

Anonymous said...

u were wrong, they 1 the super bowl so suck that

Anonymous said...

HAHA SUCKA WE WON THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!

Toastie said...

not to go on with this but I'm actually a giants fan. hence all the eli talk.