Thursday, January 24, 2008

Chigago Mutha-Fuckas!!

hey all, just flew back from a few days in chigago and boy are my arms tired. HA! not a lot of time here this afternoon as the lunch hour she is just about done so I'll make this short and sweet. here we have a quick overview of the haps on a random January visit to the magical midwest.

- friday: flight delayed, because of this the decision to hit up airport bar for a beer or two quickly turns into three beers and a nice plate of nachos loaded with jalapenos, refried beans, and cheese.

toastmaster general - 1, fellow plane passengers - 0.

- saturday: metra-train ride into the city where it is about 4 degrees outside. walking around downtown chigago may not have been the best decision. kool-aid and the toast hit up the field museum where I go nuts over dinosaurs and the ever impressive special exhibit on maps. dinosaur noises made profusely and many tales of last trip to the museum made with uncle jitter are told. the walk back to train station through the chigago waterfront turns out to be...cooold blooded!!

- sunday: shockey clad toast drives into rogers park to see good buddy danny and to watch the games. end up in some bar around the corner from danny's apartment. this is where we get really interesting. due to too many shots and way too many old styles, a giants victory is greeted with the toast yelling "mutha-fuckin' giants" in a place predominantly filled with aging and out of shape packer fans. the toast is treated with looks of disapproval and is later locked out of the bar. the evening concludes with myself falling asleep while a certain lady toast drives his drunk ass back to his mom's. around 3:30 am our hero suffers a reversal of fortunes. no longer does he retain that delicious deep dish pizza enjoyed only hours beforehand. I then proceed to almost knock myself out by crashing into a cabinet in my mother's bathroom. good times?? you betcha!!

- monday: the following.

random inquisitor: "hey toast, what did you and the lady do when you went to chigago??"

toastmaster general: "oh..good question. we went to the mall and target."

well I can tell you it was for good reason...kinda. went out to my grandmother's in schaumburg and not gonna lie to you but the toast was a little out of it. believe hungover is the correct term. after a while at my grandmother's, I just felt like I needed a bit of a jump start so went out to a local mall. sue me! wasn't all for not, the "rocker" in toast got himself a new flannel. bad ass!! later, we went out to dinner and family got to know lady toast a bit more, we later discover that kool-aid is the tops.

- tuesday: not too much going on today, except that I get to go to the best place in all the land, Portillo's, where I promptly engage in the "classic" over-eat by taking in two italian beef sandwiches. Portillo's merch is purchased. I say my goodbyes to ma dukes and lady toast as she is staying in chigago a few extra days to attend a work training seminar. my flight is once again delayed and once again fellow passengers are displeased as they now have to fly with a toast that is digesting two italian beef sandwiches loaded with hot peppers.

toastmaster general - 2, fellow plane passengers - 0.

all in all, a pretty decent trip.

No comments: