Friday, January 25, 2008

Rent that shit!!!


We here at toastedblog have decided to come up with a new segment devoted to my love of all types of movies that's simply going to be titled "rent that shit". some may say: "hey toast, most folk out there already have a decent idea on what to check out so why would they really care what you have to say on the matter?? well, fuck 'em, thats why.

now, traditionally I have been labeled as one that generally enjoys the movies that I do watch and pretty much my reaction will be the same.

"toast, what did you think of "insert movie title here"??"

"I loved it, thought that it was great."

thats right, my movie critic skills can generally be summed up in those very words: "I loved it, thought that it was great." True, you may get a "hmm...thought that it was pretty good" or a "eh....that was decent" thrown in there to boot but most movies that I do decide to see will get the toast stamp of approval. why is that you ask?? maybe it's due to the fact that I am not a good judge of films. maybe it's because I know what I like and refuse to take too many chances on the very many shitty films that are out there. nonetheless, it is not very often that flicks that I catch will get hit with the never impressive "garbage" status. that'll hurt you everytime, no matter who or what you are.

so what gets two thumbs up from the toast this time 'round?? well, it's 3:10 to Yuma. it's a damn good flick. now, why don't you just go out there and rent that shit!!

No comments: