Thursday, January 10, 2008

"LIVE IT..LIVE IT!"

This post is pretty much just shit that I'm rockin' of late. Enjoy.


the clash - "janie jones" the clash
over the past few years I have gone from finding the clash iffy musically to having them in my top five. When you have a free two and a half minutes, give this beat a listen.

pearl jam - "can't keep" live at benaroya hall
this tune popped on my ipod while I was driving home from work the other day. I really found myself digging this unplugged version of the first beat off of "riot act". special bonus, there's a mandolin. YAHTZEE!!

dvda - "now you're a man" orgazmo sdtrk
"what makes a man, is it the power in his hands or is it his quest for glory?"

soulive - "tabasco" turn it out
solid soulive beat. good for lying around to, maybe while under some influence of sorts. they were down here in DC/Northern VA not too long ago but unfortunately the opportunity to see them sailed me by. hopefully my living in a large metropolitan area will aid in them gracing the toast's prescence in the near future.

otis redding - "take me to the river"
for some reason I always associate this tune with the talking heads; who of course did a cover on some album. I think if I were a stripper this would be the song I'd seduce strangers for singles with.

band of horses - "the general specific" cease to begin
I really like this album and this past year band of horses and this record got a lot of hype from the critics. this song helps that hype seem like it was deserved. my take on "cease to begin", eh...it was pretty good. wouldn't kick it out of my bed.

pink floyd - "coming back to life" the division bell
I know what you're saying, "but its the division bell." I still think the beat is solid. Nice little Gilmour solo thrown in there for good measure. He could tear it up when he wanted to.

foo fighters - "let it die" echoes, silence, patience, and grace
I've said it before and will continue to do so for some time. Dave Grohl can sing pretty and yell like a badass whenever necessary. come get a taste.

the verve - "this time" urban hymns
I don't know why I don't listen to this album more, or why it never really got any pub. back in the day. I threw it on while putting up a few shelves around the apartment the other night, it really is a great listen.

moe. - "wind it up" the conch
I had this beat in my head for a week or so before I went home or a few days over christmas. my friday night out with some of the boys back home (who also happen to be moe. fans) featured beerpong and couple pulls of what-have-you before we hit up the bar a good walk down the street. what did I want to hear to go go with the what-have-you's?? wind it up indeed.

spoon - "rhthm and soul" ga ga ga ga ga
rhythm without the "y", that's crazy....crazy good.

the white stripes - "I'm bound to pack it up" de stijl
the more I listen to "de stijl" the more I like it in a favorite white stripes album rock off. this beat, a little more mellow, still worthy to throw on and give a listen.

beastie boys - "alright hear this" ill communication
anyone who knows the toast has a pretty good idea about my love for the beasties. however, every once in a while I seem to find another beat off of one of their albums that just happens to strike a cord and causes me to want to listen to it for the next few months. "alright hear this" is that current beasties jam.

radiohead - "polyethylene" airbag/how am I driving
this happened to slip on during a drive to work when I couldn't take listening to redskins monday morning on espn radio (every monday, they block out mike and mike to talk 'skins...stupid washington). its off some 5 song single that came out the same time as "OK Computer" and this is a damn fine tune.

the slip - "airplane/primitive" eisenhower
this was probably one of my top ten albums of '06. this beat being my favorite from "Eisenhower". bands from boston usually equal good times.

run DMC - "beats to the rhyme" tougher than leather
what??? they o.g. son!!! you sucker m.c's.

tenacious d - "tribute" tenacious d
recently was found viewing the Pick of Destiny on HBO. for quite some time the D have ruled the Toast with their rock.

dave matthews band - "hunger for the great light" weekend at the rocks
back in my high school and early college days the toast was a bit of a dave fan. then came the summer before my senior year when I paid 50 bucks for a lawn seat for a show in Saratoga NY only to be surrounded by a bunch of douches. Needless to say that I stopped really paying attention to this bands music. Oddly enough Pa Cregg is a fan (due to my younger brother) and he offered me a ticket to a concert the summer of '06 when his special lady couldn't make it. I saw it as an opportunity to see a free show and spend some QT with Pops. Needless to say I kinda got down (beers and other stuff) and before I knew it I borrowed some 6 disc show from my dad.

the roots - "rolling with the heat" phrenology
one of the biggest regrets I had about missing this past year's moe.down was that I gave up a chance to see the roots in an alcohol induced drug friendly environment. that experience must have been off the hook.

lcd soundsystem - "get innocuous!" sound of silver
this was another album that came out last year with much pub. from the critics. its kinda dancey and hip, tell you the truth, I like it

phish - "chalk dust torture" MSG New Year's '95
nothing really special in terms of reason why I'm rockin' this beat, just know that it equals good times.

radiohead - "jigsaw falling into place" in_rainbows
toast quickly found this beat to be one of his favorites on this new radiohead album. I just really dig their music and with "In_Rainbows", radiohead once again did not disappoint

the beta band - "assessment" heroes to zeros
I've been rocking their albums at work for the past few weeks and have been a fan of the betas for a bit now. unfortunately three is all that you'll find as these scots are now defunct. look 'em up though toastedblog fans, if they get a two thumbs up from this guy, who knows how much you'll love 'em.

david lee roth - "just a gigolo"
"bowsie bowsie bop, zitty bop. Iiiiiiiii ain't got no-body"

outkast - "behold a lady" the love below
I like songs with hand claps, I don't care what you think.

muse - "shrinking universe" new born
this song is off of some muse B-side album and due to it being on a preview for the movie "28 weeks later", everytime I go to rent a movie and pass the dvd box in new releases causes this song to pop back in the old noggin. it doesn't help that this dude can scream awesome as well. listen for the wailin' at the end. woah...

pearl jam - "inside job" pearl jam
"inside job" was one of my favorite songs off of this most recent pearl jam album. I don't know what it is about songs that start off slow and then creep and build into full blown awesomeness around the 5 minute mark but they really rev my engine.

beck - "strange apparition" the information
you know when songs just kinda find themselves on mixes, this is one of them. I haven't listened enough of this album to be all "the information is like wicked awesome", nonetheless, this tune makes me want to check out more.


toast OUT!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You still make mixes, don't you.

Anonymous said...

I join told all above. Let's discuss this question.

Anonymous said...

Excuse, I have thought and have removed a question

yanmaneee said...

michael kors outlet
yeezy 500
jordan shoes
golden goose sneakers
yeezy boost 350 v2
michael kors handbags
christian louboutin shoes
supreme clothing
kevin durant shoes
yeezys

tayte said...

l9y46l5b07 u2k79o2s29 b2i27k1a83 t8m60h5j23 w1s10k2m12 a9n48z8y99