Tuesday, January 15, 2008

After all, I am a ticking time bomb of fury.

UNCONTROLLABLE RAGE!! Usually the toast can be seen as a person that is, quite possibly, the easiest to get along with on the entire eastern seaboard. Always upbeat, funny, hit with the ladies, quick with a joke, or to light up your smoke, a certain toastmaster general is an easy going fella. However, over time, buttons can continually get pushed and I can't take this shit anymore. What makes me angry of late......

Tom Brady, the best ever??: now this isn't really a slam on Brady but more the media slurping Brady and his accomplishments of this season. I am aware that brady had a ridiculous year numbers wise and the Pats went undefeated and everything but what sports media refuses to acknowledge are the changes in the rules over the past few years. are you even allowed to play defense anymore?? defensive backs are basically helpless in their ability to cover receivers in this league. I can't even give an estimate to the number of 5 yard illegal contact penalties that I have seen over the past few weeks, let alone the past few years. defensive backs don't have a shot in this league that allows big receivers such as randy moss, terrell owens (don't even get me started on him, you'll see more later), and to show that I am not completely biased plaxico burress are allowed to hand check, clutch, hold, make all sorts of contact to get open. with this kind of advantage the toast can go out there and toss a few touchdowns, let alone people whose job that is. Guys like Marino, Elway, and Montana didn't have that luxury.

People not using their turn signals: upon my move to the metro D.C. area I really noticed the blatant disregard these people have down here for other drivers. I'm not talking about not using signals when you're cruising down the street and looking to change lanes, I can see that from time to time. what I'm referring to is a full fledged turn here. Traffic lanes, residential neighborhoods, few things get my dander up like these pieces of shit and the majority of this stems from the fact that these people just think that they are better or more important than you. these middle aged pricks wearing fat-ass docker pants sitting in audi's and their SUV driving wives just don't take the time out of what they are doing to be considerate to other people on the road and it just sends me into a rage induced frenzy.

jessica simpson: you have no talent, you can't sing and you definitely cannot act and yet you keep popping up all over the place. whether this is your doing our your creepy glory obsessed father/manager but there is always some ploy to get you in the center of attention and I can't take it anymore. either it's: you're a virgin and waiting for marriage, you're a dumbass who doesn't understand the concept of tunafish, need a divorce from your husband 'cause he's not famous enough, the critics aren't fans of your shitty music/movie (insert title here) so lets find a new way to get attention, I'll date a quarterback and get the sports media talking about me too. I can't stand hearing about you anymore and the Toast is gettin' very upset!!!

terrell owens: I really find it hard to believe that you are actually upset about this whole romo vacation thing. you have thrown everyone you have ever played with under the bus, are a horrible human being and role model, and are another player in this current nfl taking advantage of rules made to make the game more offensively exciting. I'd like to see you trying to run over the middle against the steel curtain of the 70's or when ronnie lott or steve atwater were running wild in the 80's.

reality tv: this subject won't even be discussed for fear that I may hurl my work laptop into a wall.

the writer's strike: I'm not even too sure why you guys are actually striking. I can count the number of worthwhile shows over the past few years on my left hand and shows that were actually great have been cancelled due to the previous thing that makes me angry, reality tv. go back to work so I can watch the office.

pennsylvania: I hate you. I hate your highways and interstates. I hate how you always "claim" to be under construction and yet I see no improvements nor do I see actual work being done. I hate how you always add an extra two to three hours on any trip I try to make through you. your lone redeeming quality is the philly cheese steak. please find a way to blow up some how.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

I know what you mean about the turn signals in the area. But I have unfortunately become one of them as well! It's hard not to pick up when you spend a lot of time - er live - down there.