Thursday, May 01, 2008

"Right near da beach..BOY-eee!!"


Currently the Toast is doing a nice bit of planning as a scheduled trip is in the works. That's right kids...Kool-Aid and the Toast are beach bound as a weekend in Virginia Beach is all the rage and the haps for Memorial Day. Word on the street is that we're looking at taking off on Thursday afternoon putting us down in Virginia Beach hopefully by the early evening, all primed for hitting up a nice seafood joint so I can get my crab eatin' on. Throw in a day and a half at Busch Gardens with the rolleycoasters and this seems to have the makings of a nice little long weekend here.

In preparation I have been spending a bit of time researching Virginia Beach online just to get an idea on what to expect as I have yet to head down that-a-ways as I am still in the infancy stage of my Virginia residency. All in all it's none to shabby but I guess I'd be saying that about any vacation resort type place that plans to feature Kool-Aid primarily bikini-clad. Rolleycoasters, seafood, beach time'in, Kool-Aid in provacative attire..looks like everything is coming up Casey!! ACES!

Early on today all that I pretty much understood about the Virginia Beach area is that it features a boardwalk and our hotel is on the ocean front. Yup...that's it, there's a beach to lie on. You know what that means, burnt Toast..HA! Anywho, following a bit of poking around, I have discovered that it is a richly historic area (as most in Virginia are, or at least seem to be) and that it is surpisingly well populated. I thought that it was just going to be some high class, but smaller beach community. Nowhere did I invision what Wikipedia told me; 435,000 people with hundreds of hotels and miles of beaches...what's the deal??

In any event, this little getaway should be a damn good time. A couple days of relaxing on the beach, maybe take in a few of the local sites, and surprisingly, have my first trip with Koo-Aid to a theme park. Who's the big winner?? This guy!!

**As a special bonus today I have just been informed that Kool-Aid has acquired three of the Toast's unofficial second favorite treat (the white chocolate macadamia nut cookie) from some function at her office. If there is no hill running at rugby practice tonight I will most assuredly rest easy this evening as today has truly made me the king of kings.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love Vacations! This sounds like a good one. Ahhh...I love the beach. How come I'm not there now? It's a 10 minute drive from my apartment...

Toastie said...

if I were you I'd be there; drinking a beer in cabana wear and with the classiest of all the aviator shades. and maybe a cowboy hat. yup, that's sweet beach gear, straight up.