Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Oh....Hello There.

This morning I sort of took my sweet ass time getting moving prior to work. I stayed under the covers far longer than normal after my daily Kool-Aid wake up attempt. I rolled around and hid my head under the blankeys attempting to grasp five more minutes of sleepies. I contemplated shaving for a bit and just stood in front of the mirror before I just went ahead and made myself pretty for the day at the office. My typical shower time was extended three fold as I just didn't feel like getting out from underneath the ever so relaxing and soothing warmer than warm shower water. I debated for about 5 minutes on what shirt and pants combo I was going to choose to strut around in all day for the ladies (and some gentlemen) at the workplace. Because of this there did come a time in my daily routine that some things had to get skipped and that was, what rumor has, the most important thing of the day...a balanced breakfast.

Traditionally the Toast just grabs him a little lunch baggie full of frosted mini wheats and a bananna as he heads out the door for the morning commute to beautiful Bethesda. However, with Radiohead on Sunday night and the early part of the week chock full o' activity there has been no time to re-up on some breakfast supplies so this morning I just ran out the door with my laptop and gym bag and assumption that breakfast today would have to take a backseat to some skillful driving in order to make it to work "relatively" on time. About halfway into my journey I began to feel those hunger pangs that made me wish that I hadn't stayed in bed until it became absolutely necessary to get out from under the covers. I sort of wished that I hadn't contemplated shaving for those precious minutes, extended my shower time three fold, or even debated internally for that spot of time on what stupid work clothes to wear and instead just threw on what ever was clean or whatever was next in the standard Toast work-wear rotation. I was damn hungry and at this point there was nothing that I could really do about it.

So I walked into my building not eating the bananna that I normally would from the walk to the parking lot to the front door. I began to approach the section of our office suite where my particular office is located without the baggie of mini wheats that I am accustomed to take down with my morning coffee while I check email and any blog activity. I turn on the light in my office after opening the door and I go to fetch my laptop out of my bag when I see what could only be seen as a gift from the heavens above placed strategically where my lappy is rested daily. What is this fanciest of plays you ask?? Well...simply put, a shmuffin.


Normally I would have preferred a crossantz but one in my situation cannot be a begger nor a chooser and sometimes you just can't get what you want but you just might find that you get what you need. Oh...blessed are you Sheetz customers that I work with. The Toast is certainly over joyed to have you in the office. Now, if you'll excuse me, this shmuffin is not going to take care of itself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since you're using my bandwith to host that lovely photo of the shmuffin you might like the article that accompanies the picture on my ode to the shmuffin: http://www.itmightbelove.com/2008/03/11/ode-to-the-shmuffin/. I happen to like them quite a bit as well. :)

Did you know you can right click on an image to save it to your computer and then upload it through blogger? You could also use free image hosting sites like photobucket to host the picture. I'm sure you didn't mean to use my link intentionally and honestly it's not really going to put a dent in my bandwidth - but if everyone did this imagine what problems I would have! Plus too if I change my picture url or my site goes down for whatever reason, you would lose your picture! I hope you don't think I'm being mean or bitter, I just thought I'd give you a little tip before you do this to someone who WILL scream at you for using their pictures and bandwidth without credit or permission!