Friday, May 16, 2008

Shenanigans

Just a recap of random goings on. Have a good weekend.

- Radiohead completely dranched the shit out of me last sunday. Not once did the torrential downpour let up. Five hours of being cold and soaked to the core has rendered me ill the past few days. They still put on a pretty decent show especially when I was hit up with a little Karma Police and Fake Plastic Trees during the encore. However, it will always be remembered for the weather that was endured. Why Virginia...why??

- Nothing cures Friday afternoon boredom like a giant bag of peanut butter M&M's.

- Yesterday I kinda parked a little too close to a pickup on the street in front of my apartment. In response to this, the corrola was met with a note that simply said: "Fuck You"! Alright pal; take a look at yourself. Now give yourself an open handed slap to the mouth. You live in a large city with a high population and you've never been boxed in a tiny bit before. Grow up Peter Pan..Count Chocula.

- the other day Kool-Aid and I hit up a Chipper here in Old Town. Now this place, called Eamonn's, labeled itself as a true Dublin Chipper. Would a true Dublin Chipper serve you Guiness in a plastic cup?? For shame Eamonn's...for shame.

- I've been without internet at home since Sunday and after I strategically placed a call to tech support the earliest that they can send a tech to come get me back online and thus meet my daily at home internet needs is this Sunday morning at 9am. Fucking Comcast.

- Chef Boy-Ar-Dee is some pretty tasty shit and works wonders when you are in a pinch and need something for lunch, especially when it was purchased on sale so your pantry is loaded to the gills with Mr. Boy-Ar-Dee's finest. Today I had the mini ravioli's with meatballs. Absolutely Exquisite.

- I am attempting to win a go-kart in a at-work raffle for a company sponsored carnival that takes place on Sunday. This is me with my fingers crossed.

- Over the past few weeks I couldn't tell you the amount of ice cream that I have eaten. Kool-Aid and I have gone out for ice cream, both visiting places ranging from the corporate spectrum like Maggie Moo's to local favorites in The Dairy Godmother, or just eating a shitload of chipwiches and Ben and Jerry's at home. This recent trend does not bode well for beach season.

- Any film that features the incomperable Kurt Russell has its chances of being awesome increased at least three fold. Recent random Russell films viewed include:

"Death Proof" (which, of the Grindhouse flicks, was much better than "Planet Terror")

"The Thing" (A fucking classic)

"Tombstone" (Kilmer was the balls as Doc Holliday)

"Big Trouble in Little China" (Russell as Jack Burton: "When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the bar room wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail.")

Dem shits is all sorts of bad ass!!

That's it, that's all, that's all there is. SHA-ZAMM!!

2 comments:

Jidai said...

What about "Escape From New York" and its sequels?

Ashley said...

"Today I had the mini ravioli's with meatballs. Absolutely Exquisite."

haha.

and...AMEN to "Nothing cures Friday afternoon boredom like a giant bag of peanut butter M&M's."