Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Yeah...we're not really doing work here today either.

So the Toast has triumphantly returned to blogging after a few days away from the office, home, and having his cell phone turned on. It's back to all sorts of normalcy here in the District and rumor has it, the Toast kinda wishes he was still at the beach. But I didn't tell you that, you must'a heard that one somewhere else. Anywho, Toastedblog here will feature a quick rundown of events of the holiday weekend when I have more time to be witty and creative. Plus, I needs a few minutes to upload sweet sweet pics of the trip so you all can revel in multiple action shots of a sunburned toast running into the ocean. That's pretty much the gift that keeps on giving, the WHOLE year.

Anywho, I'm not going to leave you listless and unentertained as the Toast certainly not come here to do that. Upon receiving good news from a certain fellow blogger out there on the national interweb, I took part in a request of answering a few questions, 8 times as a matter of fact. A special bonus to you internet readers, I actually answered these in a somewhat serious manner as apposed to being completely goofy and full of nonsense. That being all thrown out at you, enjoy the read and we'll catch you on the flip flop.

8 Things I am passionate about:

- Rocking: I love music. I love going to see shows. I love finding out about new shit to check out and give a listen to. I like giving garbage music a shot and then never giving it another go. I love rocking out to Pearl Jam over and over again. I love suggesting different albums to my friends so that they'll check 'em out and maybe enjoy them as much as I do. I love getting the same in return.

- Sandwiches: Try to tell me that you don't enjoy a delicious sandwich. Go ahead, I'll wait.

- L-I-V-I-N: Every day I do. This kid is all about going out and trying new things.

- Being Active: It has been pointed out to me that I am indeed steadily approaching the age of thirty and I am still throwing myself under the bus week in and week out playing kickass physical sports like rugby and ice hockey. Despite the way I sometimes feel on a Sunday following a few games the day before I really don't envision myself letting up any time soon.

- My friends: A stereotypical answer I know, but if you are considered a friend of mine...get ready for a good time and some good luvin.

- Kool-Aid: Another one of those, "hmmm...that's original" answers." That being said, to hell with all of you's. Not going to get all sentimental on you but I will break off a new flava in your ear. Kool-Aid is by far the most phenomenal kick ass lady that I've ever been fortunate enough to encounter. To have her around me on a daily basis has made me feel pretty much like the tops and I can safely say that I've never had as much fun nor laughed as much with anyone. I'm always am wanting to do things with her. And get your minds out of the gutter as I'm more refering to the simple day to day things to planning adventures with her. Going to the grocery store, that counts. Touring Europe, sure when the time and money is right. To put it in words that I may have told her once or twice: she's like a female version of Charlie. (Charlie = best friend, awesome Italian, great at video games)

- Beer: What can I say, I like me a good beer. We're not talking like an alcoholic fan of beer. Just a fan of some really out there and delicious stuff.

- My Sports: I am forever a sports fan. Nothing is quite like watching your team compete with close friends in tow and a bucket of wings to share. Dem's the good times.

8 Things I want to do before I die:

- See Ireland: It's about time I went all the way back home. (clever use of accent)

- Write a children's book: I worked in an educational toy store all throughout college. My time spent there was some of the funniest this kid has ever had. Throw in my passion for writing and we've got something cooking there.

- Own a pub: Irish roots + Fondness of People + Love of delicious beers = Time to figure out how to run my own pub

- Learn how to play the guitar: see also mandolin or banjo. Yeah.

- Become a Dad: It's just something I always thought that I would be good at. Plus, forcing my son to become a left handed knuckleball pitcher thus greatening his shot at making the big leagues and becoming my gravy train on biscuit wheels is my sole retirement plan at this point in my young life.

- Compete in a triathlon

- Meet the boys in Pearl Jam: If any of you can assist me in this I will be forever grateful. Good god they're awesome.

- Live on an island: For at least a few years; would be nice to leave all this bullshit behind and just live.

8 Things that I say really often:

- The many different forms of the dang it. 1. Dang It = not good 2. Reverse Dang It = ayy!! alright 3. Tremendous Dang It = That will ruin your weekend 4. The Seldom heard Wicked Dang It = not too sure if anyone has survived that

- FANCY PLAY!!

- Not gonna lie to you...

- What it is Kool-Aid?!?!

- Oh Mama

- Drive fast, take chances: words to live by

- Jack-Pot: see Tommy Boy

- YAHTZEE!!

8 Books that I've read recently:

- The Rum Diary. HST

- A Confederacy of Dunces. John Kennedy Toole

- High Fidelity. Nick Hornsby

- Where the Sidewalk Ends. Shel Silverstein

- Hell's Angels. HST

- A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Douglas Adams

- Galapagos. Kurt Vonnegut

- The Gonzo Papers: Vol. 3: Songs of the Doomed: More Notes on the Death of the American Dream. HST

A lot of Hunter Thompson in there I know. Just have been on a kick lately.

8 Movies I've seen 8 times:

- "The Big Lebowski": My favorite flick out there.

- "Caddyshack": Bill Murray quite possibly at his best. Arguably, Rodney Dangerfield at his.

- "Young Frankenstein": Comedy gold!!

- "Anchorman": Pretty much has made me laugh harder than anything that I have ever seen

- "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas": Damn fine job of demonstrating the late Doctor of journalism.

- "The Empire Strikes Back": Fellow Star Wars nerds rejoice!!

- "You've Got Mail": I don't have to defend myself to you people.

- "Batman Begins": Christian Bale as Batman is the shit. Sorry Michael Keaton, you had a good run. The Toast is really looking forward to "The Dark Knight" when it comes out here in July.

- "Die Hard": Fucking Awesome!! Still to this very day. Sweet.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I like "You've Got Mail." :) haha

Hmmm...Ireland may be a good place for you to LIVE.

I agree with the idea of living on an island...new scenery+no taxes+coconuts=good times (I like coconuts!)

Toastie said...

I think if you threw beach and $10,000 in US currency so I could truly live like a King of Kings in that little math equation that you added, then we'd definitely equal good times.

"You've Got Mail" is some damn good shit. There's just something about that circa 90's Meg Ryan.