Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Why am I not Surprised that Hell has a Southern Twang

Hello sweet internet audience. Back to work after a nice four day weekend, lets find out what we missed shall we.

Well my brother, who lives in Michigan, was in town visiting for the weekend and with him came his girlfriend Josalyn and roommate Mike, who oddly enough resembled Tony Hawk. There was a lot of fun to be had over his stay, but I must say the Piece'De Resistance of the weekend was my first country music concert. Now, to be perfectly honest, some of the music can be found enjoyable; for example, I have always liked a little Garth. Always thought it was good bar music. But I got to see these guys, which was not a good thing. My brother had an extra ticket to the concert and as a chance to spend some time with him while he was here so I thought, why not. That was my first mistake. No amount of beer could ease the pain that ran throughout my body everytime the phrase Git-R-Done (pronounced get-er-done but said quickly) was shouted. Every other word that was spoken to the audience by these Rascal Flatts was about USA, fightin' for our country, war in Iraq, and the aforementioned, git-r-done. At one point there was even a USA chant. All of this over the course of an hour and a half. I did my best to fit in by coining the phrase yumptoo (pronounced ya-ump-too; but once again, say it quickly) which means you ought to or should.

Casey to Country Music Fan: Y'all see these boys Rascal Flatts play live before???
Country Music Fan: Hell naw man!!
Casey: Yumptoo!!! Dem boys are goooood man!! Git-R-Done!!!

hee hee hee..........sorry, I got carried away. I did have fun hanging out with my brother and friends it just wasn't my scene. Now that's more like it. But it was good to spend time and joke around with Cory. Nothing too crazy happened over the course of his trip. Just hanging out, having a few beers and a few laughs.

Opening kickoff for the NFL is just two days away. That definately equals good times. However I am sick of all the crap that goes along with it. Can't we just watch the game without all this MTV nonsense. I know she's attractive, but what football fan really wants to listen to Jessica Simpson during pregame. Or the rest of this lineup for that matter. Can't we just have old NFL Films episodes during pregame. I love that music they had in those episodes and who can forget the memorable raspy voice of John Facenda, often referred to as the Voice of God. Not just the voice, but the kind of stuff he would say: "But on this day, Kenny Stabler had a resilience that could not be measured in numbers." This used to be the game that could be described with a cold wind blowing through the west as the warriors begin to get assembled on the icy tundra to meet in weekly battle. It should not feature this crap!!



No comments: