Thursday, September 09, 2004

So what??!! So lets dance!!

The other night after practice and a two beer run to support our sponsor, I nestled in my jammy jams for a viewing of one of my favorites. Since then I have had the urge to ask ladies if they wanna make $14 dollars the hard way. I got laughing hysterically at the scene where Carl Spackler (Bill Murray in one of his best roles ever) is hunting the gopher (varmit) and carrying two six packs of beer. What got me going more than normal was envisioning a situation in which Spackler, dressed up in camouflaged, is found passed out on a golf course with 12 empty beer cans around him and holding a rifle. The all time best movie for drunken quoting. However, that last remark can be debated by at least two fellas I know. Ooh!!!! This guy knows some movies too!!! (edited as of 12:50 pm, Thursday, sorry Willie Moe)

Lots of happenings this weekend in the world of the toast. For starters, there is an Irish Fest down in Clinton Square. I haven't mentioned this yet to the audience but the world of toast is predominantly Irish. Secondly, we have our first rugby match of the season on Saturday at Burnett Park at 2pm against the Genesee Creamers, not Screamers. Anyone looking to see Toastmaster General get all busted up, please feel free to stop by. Ooh, Ooh...Who can forget that the NFL season begins this weekend. Giants Fans, the outlook for our season isn't too keen so now may be the time for us to prepare for the end. Although, how much different is this team from the one last year that at the start of the season many sportswriters predicted to go to the playoffs, if not the superbowl. Before the injuries, of course.

Plans for Billy's have already begun for a group of good time having football fans to kick off the season in style: burly men wearing sweatpants, eating pizza, chicken wings, Phelpsy's delicious cheesy bacon biscuits (bonus Phelps Treats where applicable), and drinking PBR. I can already tell its going to be a fun season and my lower back and digestive system are looking forward to the challenge. Outdoors; no thank you!!! More ass kicking chili; yes please!!! I can hardly wait. Billy, Willie Moe, Phelps, Chuck, Princess Daley and anyone else left in Syracuse; we have a good season ahead of us.

1 comment:

Willie Moe said...

Book it!I'm ready for all the wonders and pleasures that may go along with the upcoming NFL season! Less than nine hours to go!!! And what I don't get mentioned in this little drunken movie quote thing, just because you didn't thing I had a blog? I'll blog you my friend! Hahahahahaha!