Monday, September 13, 2004

I'm in the lab all day, I scrabble all night; I got a bedazzler so my outfit's tight.

This marks the second time that I have utilized beastie boy lyrics to aid in creating a blog title. Does that mean that I cannot think on my own or that I just let three middle aged white jewish rappers do some of my thinking for me. Hold on......I lost my train of thought.

The number of the hetero-man crushes on George Michael in the area grew over the weekend with the arrival of the lovable Javen Bohall. However, the goal that I had from the other day of classic over-strohs, eating vast amounts of meat, and general tom-foolery wasn't fully realized due to reasons beyond my control; reasons which you all will soon hear about and hopefully understand. Quick side note, one guilty pleasure of mine is George Michael. I mean, usually I try to like good things. I tend to watch good movies, I don't listen to shitty music, I don't watch reality TV (except for original Surreal Life and the Real World) but whenever I hear George Michael, I just get drawn in. If you don't believe me, just listen to "Careless Whisper" or "Father Figure" and try to resist falling in love. Pause for a few moments while I sing to myself:

Tonight the music seems so loud
I wish that we could lose this crowd
Maybe, its better this way
We'd hurt each other with the words we want to say
We could have been so good together
We could have lived this dance forever
But now who's gonna dance with me
Please stay

Sorry about that. On Saturday I played in two rugby games, out of a possible three. We won the first game pretty handily, lost the second, and the third I really have no idea due to the combination of three teams playing together as one conglomerate (See Globochem) and introduction of beer to my afternoon, the aforementioned reason that my weekend didn't go entirely as planned. To make it even more interesting, our sponsor, a bar 'round the corner called Nibsy's held a social for us afterwards so about 60 dudes ended up in a bar that was about 2,000 SF. Surprisingly enough for a bar filled with that many dirty, battered, bloodied, and semi drunk rugby players it wasn't that difficult to get refills on a pitcher. The complementary pizza and wings were a different story. In fact, aside from a granola bar I had for breakfast and a piece of pizza and four chicken wings I was able to scrounge up at Nibsy's, there was nothing else to be eaten by me that day, hence the hangover that followed on Sunday which affected my football viewing. There was no beer to be had that day my friends.

Later on Saturday evening I received a call about going to Irish Fest downtown. Given the fact that at this point it was 9:30, I had been drinking since 6:30, hadn't showered or cleaned up following the afternoon's games, and there was an opportunity to eat corned beef sandwiches; I was definitely on board. Left the bar, ran home, quickly washed up and changed (I still had dirt in my hair), and then got picked up see what this irish fest was like. Had a few Guinesses down there, however they ran out of sandwiches so no dice on the corned beef, Tremendous dang it!!

The countdown begins; four days till friday and the Sox v. Yanks. I cannot wait. By weeks end, the AL East will belong to the Sox!!

1 comment:

Willie Moe said...

Are you trying to say George Micheal is not good music?!!! Javen will have your head! You just remember to wake me up before you go-go!