Monday, November 10, 2008

Just sitting here, eatin' and wearin' me some sweatpants

This morning I am back at the office following one of the greatest weekends I've had in a while. But what did I do?? What could possibly make this weekend far superior to those that had recently passed by?? Well, to be honest, I did nothing, ab-so-lute-ly nothing and it was everything I'd hoped it would be. Eating and sitting. A few beers and some football. That's about it. Now, there have been some repercussions from my weekend of my self shut-in but I reckon that my inane ability to interact well with others will come back soon.

Following my Friday night of getting kinda drunk at the hands of some mighty potent IPA and being kind of an ass when the ladyfriend and I met up with some of her co-workers, I was left alone on both my Saturday and Sunday as Kool-Aid was out in the Atlantic City for a bachelorette party. Now, part of me wanted to go out and woop it up like the good ol' weekends of my single days. You know, boy's night out type of stuff. Or was this to be my weekend to just put no effort out whatsoever and reap the benefits of being home alone with nothing on the agenda?? Eureka!! I am the greatest man alive. Time to bust out them sweatpants.

Now, when you're hunkering in for a long haul weekend, you're going to need some supplies. So, I spent part of my Saturday morning going out and loading up on the "essentials" for the weekend.

- Root beers? Check.
- Delicious real beers? Check (Remember, you've got games to watch, time to stock up!!)
- Random Hilarity for those down times? Check
- Random movies on demand? Ooh...I think I see "Big Trouble in Little China". And, is that, "Police Academy 3"?? You better believe it is.
- 3.5 lb top round roast for Chigago Style Italian Beef Sandwiches? Check and mate.

About the only thing that went wrong on this little venture would be the fact that I was kinda hungover from drinking my dinner the night before. Oh..and I accidentally bought dark chocolate peanut m&m's. Not a deal breaker mind you, but the Toast here prefers the classic ones. What can I say, I'm a man of tradition.

Now, the remainder of the weekend, aside from a rather responsible trip to the gym on Sunday morning, was spent logging some sweet sweet couch time. With the Giants game on at 8pm on Sunday, estimated of total couch time nearing the double digits and that's pretty impressive. I can't even estimate the amount of stress on those sweats though. Lord knows what is holding them together as they had to endure, not only a significant portion of Italian beef digestion, but also deal with the chicken enchiladas I made for movie marathon Saturday. Oooh...bad chicken...mess you up!

Fortunately I get to welcome Kool-Aid home this evening, only to give reasons to why Fort Awesome has this ever present funk kicking through its ever so awesome walls. It's like a combination of beef jerky, sulfur, and a dead bobcat. Unfortunately the pumpkin spiced candle on the coffee table didn't stand a chance. Hurts not so good I tells ya, hurts not so good.

All that being thrown at you I have no real end to this post so I shall take a small bow. Coming soon to Toastedblog, intriguing, hard hitting, and possibly relevant material. Till then, you'll have to filter through this crap.

No comments: