Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Say goodbye to your two best friends, and I don't mean your pals in the winnebago.

TOASTEDBLOG RETURNS!!! And there was much rejoicing. yay.... I said MUCH REJOICING!! YAY!!! There it is!! I don't think that I have ever seen so many exclamation points. Spaceballs was on T.V. the other day. Dammit.....I'm retarded.

Anywho, what's up?? Well, things haven't been crazy here but some new shit has come to light. For example; did you know that the Toast went to Albany for the weekend?? Oh wait, you did, I forgot that I mentioned that I was going. Well, I saw Javen and Midwestern friend Danny "No Nickname" Banazek; what do you think about that?? Huh? My audience knows this too?!?! You think you run a tight ship around here and look at this. Someone get my assistant on the horn so we can get this blog done right.

ring...ring....ring

O.G. Pennyloaf: "Hello sir, what seems to be the problem?"

Casey (Toast/Me): "What the $%&# is going on Pennyloaf?? I don't care what your name stands for, fix this ?%$& right now?

O.G. Pennyloaf: "Yes sir, right away sir."

That's why he's an original gangster. He take care of all my bidness!! I'm afraid that I may have de-railed yet again and gotten all rambly and nonsensical. True, I am not 100% sure that a few of those were even words, but they sound smart, and that's what the Toast is all about; pretending. WHAT?!?! No! Ok, its time to take this blog over.

Well, a few nice days off from work and I forget everything about what got toastedblog to the top. Good, old fashioned, kickin' ass!! Or at least some incoherant ramblings. I really wish I could erase all of this but I've come too far. Here we go!!

The Toast had a nice few days off and is much better for it. For example, there was no coming into the office on Thursday or Friday, instead there was being hungover from late Wednesday night out to the Blarney Stone and Mully's with Chukes and friends, mass turkey eating, laying in jammy jams, and playing video games while eating man sized leftovers. Friday night involved the driving to Schenectady complete with Pabst and Magnum (with which Danny found a clever way to include a Tom Selleck reference), hilarity with Willie Moe (and Super Troopers lines) and never sleeping. Albany proved to be a hotbed of activity with delicious 99 cent burgers at Cheers (and Chicken Sampler apps, even though there were wings to be split), beautiful Pepsi Arena, and cheap college apparel. The state capital is a wonderful place. Plus Javen and Dunford were there!!

Schenectady, on the other hand, had its ups and downs. I'm not calling out the town where Javen is proud to call home, but there is a certain establishment that left a sour taste in our mouths. We were assured by our gracious host that BL's was never as poor as what we found on Saturday night and it was highly possible that it would never be again. And I was the one who wasn't arguing with the bartender, even though Javen, Danny, and Sweet Will were correct in doing so. The situation that fateful Saturday night at BL's deserves its own blog. Maybe a joint write up betwixt the group that was there. It was one of the most bizarre bar moments I have ever experienced, besides getting thrown up on as a I was sitting down at a bar in college, or leaning on a cop while awaiting a drunken entry to some bar while seeing Cracker in Boston (and I still got in). Getting thrown out for being well behaved at 10 pm on a Saturday, weird. What was even better, the drive back to Syracuse at 2 am to make sure Danny would be able to make it back to Chigago in time for the Simpsons on Sunday, which was a repeat!!! Just kidding buddy, I didn't mind.

We fast forward to Tuesday because Sunday doesn't count following a Giants loss (although I was accompanied to a movie; I saw National Treasure; I don't care what you say, the Toast is a fan of Nic Cage). Now I feel I must explain that last statement. True, Nicholas Cage movies aren't going to change the world, I mean, did you see Snake Eyes?? Well, I take that back, he was in Adaptation which was pretty damn good. So was Leaving Las Vegas and Bringing Out the Dead wasn't bad. I was referring to movies that he does with Jerry Bruckheimer like The Rock or Con Air. That was what National Treasure was basically, a fun movie to watch but not one to be taken seriously otherwise your head a splode from trying to figure out why it was so easy to steal the Declaration of Independence. I liked it. Anyway, I was fast forwarding.

Ty Willingham was fired?!?! I hate what sports are becoming. Its all what have you done for me lately. Win now!! Alumni and boosters forget that Notre Dame has killer schedule every year and that they don't recruit kids like they used to; they all go to the U. So guys like Willingham, who has been successful with the Irish (except for last year when he was 5-7) or Tom Osborne with Nebraska, who went 8-3 and was fired after the season one year ago get fired for not being perfect year in and year out. Now look at Nebraska. Bill Callahan very well could get the axe after the year the Huskers had. Why was he in there, because 8-3 wasn't good enough?? This happens everywhere, coaches and players getting let go, fired, traded, benched just because they have an off game, or a bad season, or don't make the playoffs. I understand changes need to be made by ownership when things aren't going well, but give these individuals the opportunity to turn something around, rather than as soon as something going badly, you cut 'em loose.

Tuesday's also include going to the court to run. Run, you mean play basketball? Yup. The Change 'O Pacers lost another heart breaker last night, 98 to 46. Every game has the fans seeing an obviously frustrated toast playing ball. I think I may be too competitive when it comes to sports, which isn't a bad thing. I get so angry running around and losing playing basketball, sometimes I forget its for fun. Toastedblog audience, the reason I joined this team was for something to do while rugby was over and in between weekly hockey games. My friends and I put this team together knowing that we were going to lose, but just to have fun, and I do. But part of me really hates all the losing. I hate having the other team look at us as a bunch of chumps, like we're no good. For me, it just feels degrating. Am I too proud? Never!! Trust me, if you have ever seen me play hockey, football, basketball, rugby, anything, you would see that I can never be cocky. I have been and always will be a hustle guy; a hard worker who relies more on effort than talent. But I feel that myself, and the rest of the Change 'O Pacers are better than getting blown out weekly by 50 plus. I'm even the same when it comes to playing video games with little Charlie Coville, I get pissed when I lose. Oh well, I guess its better than not caring at all. Plus, I got this sent to me to laugh about, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Well, we're halfway through the week now and I'm at work. I have no idea how to end this so I shall take a small bow.

2 comments:

Bojangles said...

The only reason to watch a Nic Cage movie is to see which is receding faster, his hairline, or his gums. Or you could try to fill two hours making jokes about his 15 year old son and his new Asian wife, who is 20. I think I might have the solution to your struggles on the court. Let's just say it is light blue (with shingy white sleeves), smells like oil, and will make you much more intimidating!

Ban-dingo said...

Hey Toasty...

Frget Basketball. I found your true calling. Saturday I was watching College Football Live on ESPN, (I tuned in early to make sue I didn't miss a second of the exciting premiere of "3") anyway, they were spotlighting a former long-snapper for the Auburn Tigers football team who ran out of eligibility and becamse a cheerleader while he went to grad school....he was never a heisman candidate or a promising young minor league catcher....get on it...