Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Nobody snuggles with Max Power; you strap yourself in and feel the "G"s!!

The cute, lovable, and cuddly toast that my internet audience all know and love is dead!! Well at least for tonight; or is it tomorrow night. Hmmm.........I think I forgot. Anywho, my point is that I have to be tough again. Why you ask toasted fans, because I start playing hockey again this week bitches!!! Sorry, I didn't mean to call you that, Wooo!!!! I'm tough! Roses have thorns ay.

But Toast, you're only starting to play hockey tonight, this late in the winter? Why is that?? You've been going on for months on how you have been all excited to play any day now and we, the toasted blog audience have to read this crap about you just starting now. What gives?? Are you calling me a chump?? Its not my fault that I have had to wait this long. (Quick sidenote; am I having a conversation with myself) You see, I used to play on the same team the last few years with this dude I skated with in high school. Now, a problem has risen. I don't remember how to get in touch with him, and vice versa. Now, I was told by toasted Dad that he had run into a guy I used to play in a club hockey league with back in high school years as well and apparently my game play left some sort of impression on him because he asked if I was still playing. To which my father replied, Uh...yeah. So this guy, lets call him Chris, asked me to be on his men's league team starting in the fall, round October. Problem number two. He never gets back in touch with me. I track him down repeatedly only never to get a call back. This happens over the course of November, from end of rugby season all the way through Thanksgiving. I am once again without a team.

A stroke of genius!!! Now, I know what toasted fans are saying, that's impossible with you Toast. You're as sharp as child proof scissors. Any other time, you'd all be right. But when it comes to devising a plan to play hockey, then the idea supply becomes well stocked my friends. Tired of waiting, I called up as many places I could think of for adult hockey league information. I called the only hockey pro shop in Syracuse, the rinks I used to play men's leagues in Cicero, I even called where I played youth hockey. I finally hear back from the Twin Rinks in Cicero the same night Billy, Rage Kage, and myself attended Grandma Stack's calling hours. Who is my special helper in all this?? Why, its Art. The night manager from Cicero. He informs me that there are one or two teams in the league that need some players. At this point, I am full on delicious pizza from some place called Trappers (resident pizza connoisseur Rage Kage gives stamp of approval but also informs us that it does not surpass C.O.P.), had a few beers and traveling towards more. Art has my information and will get in touch when he has a team lined up for me. Good news there. More good news, we are on the way to the Change of Pace to meet Javen and have more beers at this point. Terrific!!!

Fast forward to last night. While doing laundry and thinking about chicken wings, I contacted everyone's favorite little crapper Charlie Coville at about 8:30 to head down to the Blarney. While there enjoying a few Molson's, I was called by some fella named Scott. The reason, his team's need for a forward. The answer, I'll be there ready to play. Except I have to call him back now because I don't remember which night it was. In any event, my long journey for some winter activity has come to an end. Also, all you local toasted fans in need of getting your ice hockey fix. Where I play comes complete with an elevated bar to watch games on both rinks so, in other words, I look forward to your drunken heckling. Just remember my shot isn't so accurate so I'd keep comments low while I have the puck or you may find it being fired in your direction and hitting you in the FACE!! No seriously, hockey is awesome!!! Come watch!!

More current events toastedblog fans. Today marks the 63rd anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor. No, not the movie. What a bunch of crap that was by the way. Why doesn't Ben Affleck die?? And how the hell did he pull in Kate Beckinsale?? Ohh....I like her. But I digress, the History Major in me sees more in today than the reminder of a crappy movie with cool special effects. My Grandfather was a Gunnery Officer on a destroyer stationed in the Pacific in WWII and knowing my love of history has often told me stories at family gatherings of his experiences in the war. Fortunately he was not present during the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor. To be witness to that must have been awful. Sorry for the negative turn of events here, just paying some respects, I'm done for now.

Baseball is played on a diamond, or in a park, the baseball park. Football is played on the gridiron or a stadium. War Memorial Stadium. Has Toast gone mad??? No, don't be crazy. I'm just getting all amped up to go see George Carlin at the Landmark Theatre on Saturday. Been a fan for quite some time. Now I get to see him live. I like this idea, and I am definitely excited to be a part of it. Oohh, maybe I'll get to go to Clarke's before hand. Mmmmm...roast beef and screamers. Or a bunch of Druid Fluid like on Friday, Javen knows what I'm talking about. It's not even Canadian beer and it drinks like moonshine!! Hell Yes!! Well, its something to think about. Till then toasted fans, I'm out!!



No comments: