Monday, April 14, 2008

Hey!!! They Won One!!!



The Bruins, after dropping the first two games of the series in Montreal, decided to go ahead and win one last night taking Game 3 in overtime 2-1, and let me tell you toastedblog faithful, it was a fantastic game to watch. With limited time here this morning I can't really get into detail or anything, but Milan Lucic is pretty much the balls. Lucic gave Boston its first lead on the Habs all season early in the first period by taking a pass from Marc Savard in the slot and fired a wrist shot over the shoulder of Montreal goaltender Carey Price. Savard would also get the the game winner about halfway through the first overtime after he jumped off the bench as the extra attacker on a delayed Montreal penalty and hammered home a terrific cross-ice feed from defenseman Dennis Wideman. The Toast yelps with approval and Ooohh weeee...we've got ourselves a series.

I really can't say enough about the way Lucic played last night though. He was flying all night and hitting every Montreal player that was on the ice. And Thomas was outstanding for the second consecutive game stopping 27 shots from the high falootin' Canadiens.

What's more important is the fact that it is incredibly awesome feeling something more when watching playoff hockey. Its been a few years since I've had the pleasure of seeing the B's in the playoffs and I am thoroughly enjoying every minute; whether I have had to tape a game and watch it late night because of rugby practice or foregoing a night out on the town on Saturday so I can stay home with a few beers and watch the Bruins eventually lose in overtime, I am watchin' the SHIT out of this series!! Normally I am forced to watch games that have far less meaning to the Toast. Granted, they are still awesome, I mean...it is playoff hockey. All the forechecking, hitting, overtime games, are still there. Its just that I have to live vicariously through other people's teams and not my own. Well, not this year. At least for now I still have the Bruins to make up for all my shortcomings throughout my storied career in hockey.

**The Toast resumes his hockey playing late Wednesday night as summer hockey league begins; this time we'll hopefully be missing out on that highly coveted first round playoff exit, much like this past winter.**

Game 4 is set for Tuesday at 7pm and with a scheduled work trip to New Jersey coinciding with my strong desire to watch playoff hockey I am going to have to do my best to find a bar with the game tomorrow night. Clearly I would rather have this work trip at another time but I guess one must never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State. Damn Jersey with your making me wake up at 4am so I can be at the office at 5am to drive to you with two other co-workers. You've already made me iron dress shirts now I have to wake up before dawn. I wasn't aware that my alarm clock had a 4am!?!?! Mark my words Jersey..if you make me miss Game 4 there's going to be hell to pay.