Thursday, April 17, 2008

Everything's all Highs and Lows; Peaks and Valleys.

Just decided to hit the readers up with the haps over the past few days. It's a whirlwind of activity I tells ya!! However, everything is not always gravy in the relm of the Toast. Ladies and gentlemen, the dang it's and their respective reverse dang it's in recent Toast activity; and vice versa.

Reverse Dang It: On Friday night, Kool-Aid and the Toast hit up the brand new Nationals Park for a game against the Braves. It's damn gorgeous outside with the weather all sunny and about 75 degrees. Hell...I even wear short pants with flippety flops.

Dang It'ed: Eating what was known as the half-smoke with the works. We're talking chili, onions, and mustard. Pile on some nachos and a few good time beers it makes for an interesting evening for those seated around you.



Reverse Dang It: Kool-Aid brings me a bucket of KFC to eat while watching the Bruins game on Saturday night as I'm too lazy and dead tired following a few rugby games earlier in the day.

Dang It'ed: Putting down an entire 10 piece bucket of chicken in two sittings. Trust me folks, this should not be attempted....at all costs.

Reverse Dang It: Aforementioned rugby games on Saturday.

Dang It'ed: It's fucking humid as hell outside and Toasts sometimes do not do well in the sun. Oh...and we lost our playoff game against Harrisburg. It was a good match though, just didn't get a few things to go our way. Plus, it seemed that they wanted it a bit more even though we had an advantage in numbers and appeared to be in better shape as they were huffing ang puffing about 20 minutes into the first half.

Reverse Dang It: Spending a Sunday with Kool-Aid where I go out and do my best to boost the economy singlehandedly by purchasing many various and completely random items. Well, I did need new rugby boots but what the hell is this tennis racket all about?!?!

Dang It'ed: Going with Kool-Aid to a shoe WAREHOUSE!! Sigh... Plus, I did not do as well as anticipated on my tax return. The "classic" unsweet haul. How's that tennis racket looking now?!?! Damn you's gubberment, damn you's all to hell!!

Reverse Dang It: The Toast getting all important like by traveling up to Jersey for workies for a few days and doing a a few presentations.

Dang It'ed: Waking up at 3:30AM to meet a few co-workers at my office in Bethesda at 5AM. Whomever green lighted this idea deserves a shovel to the face. While my presentation goes very well on Tuesday I run into a few troubles on my work trip. My hotel room gets no channels that carry any hockey games and Game 4 of the Bruins and Canadiens series is on. I am forced to walk down the street to a Bennigan's where I can only find Flyers coverage with limited Bruins highlights. (B's end up getting shutout 1-0 and are now down in the series 3-1). Wednesday starts with a bang as I do not get my 6AM wake up call and upon meeting my two co-workers in the lobby for breakfast I promptly spill two consecutive cups of coffee. Plus, all you toastedblog readers are forced to go two whole days without new material. That may be the biggest dang it of them all. However, reading this particular post is not doing well for the cause.

Well..there you have it. It's not a complete rundown of the recent days in the life of the Toast but I'm not spending any more time trying to be witty and creative as I seem to have nothing today. Besides....I can't give out all me secrets. Do me a favor though folks, root for the B's tonight. Maybe they can steal one in Montreal thus keeping hockey on the Toast's front burner for a while longer. Now...I have to get back to doin' stuff. Take 'er easy.

No comments: