Friday, July 18, 2008

Road Trippin'

Mah lower back be all fucked up and is killing me, I am a little bit scruffy, coming off a kick-ass cold, and I am wearing a giant sombrero at the office; sounds like someone's taking a half day and heading south for a few days. Yuppers....the Toast is heading down Ol' Florida way with Kool-Aid in tow for the better part of a week for some general debauchery. By general debauchery I mean the wedding of good buddy/former rugby teammate/current smoked pork eating champion Matt Kormanec and his special lady down at Disney. Expensive rates?? You betcha, but its worth it to see one of my hetero life mates walk down the aisle.

Not to be outdid, we'll also be making a special bonus trip up to Jacksonville to see my sister Kate and little baby Callan for a few. What I really can't wait for is the fucking insane humidity that Florida offers going toe to toe with the Toast, post 13 beers and a few shots of course. That's a recipie for garbage Toast if I've ever heard one. Mmm....garbage toast. Top that off with my aching back in a corrolla for upwards of 24 hours in 6 days and this little va-ca is looking like it could be gravy. But really, I am excited about all of this. How else could you explain the sombrero??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kormanec... sounds like a country song.

Toastie said...

plenty of country twang...and oddly enough, a little bass pumpin' to boot!!