Monday, July 28, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

Presently, I am sitting in my office while the majority of my team members are either on vacation or have shipped out to Vegas for some regional convention thingy that I apparently didn't make the cut for. Eh...to hell with 'em. I don't have the money to gamble away in Vegas anyway and if you think I want to head out there to catch a Celine Dion show you are sorely mistaken.

But, there-in lies a problem. With my fellow teammates being straight out of dodge it has left me alone in our corner of the building and I'm not gonna lie to you, this does not bode well for my production levels. Long story extremely short, I am finding it wicked difficult to keep my eye on the prize as they say and all that this kid is hitting up work wise today is the constant checking of a few random websites and listening to the Dead. Am I on a gravy boat with biscuit wheels this week as all are out of the office?? Kinda...but what I have noticed is aside from a few "hey, how's it goin's" and "what did you do this weekend" I really haven't had that social outlet that we Toast's need almost constantly. And, like I said, my productivity is pretty much at an all time low.

So what must be done you ask?? Well, as our title so blantantly states, I must keep on truckin'. This is to be a test of whatever so called "work ethic" I really have to keep my mind focused on a couple different projects that I need to complete here in the next few weeks so I can show my worth around here. And who knows what will come of all of this (pay raise??? fingers crossed), but if I do show my boss, and my boss's boss, and so on a little sumpin sumpin, things for the Toast around here may turn into, like, the shit, rather than being kinda shitty as they have been of recent weeks. Nevertheless, here's to hoping.

So, it's time to forge ahead!! Time to rise up and kick a little ass!! Time to unleash hell!! In any event, it's time to stop checking fantasy baseball stats and get to work.

No comments: