Friday, March 25, 2005

Wreckin' Ball Comin'!!!

Wow, not being at work for a while has sure made for the time to pass by here awful quick Toastedblog fans. To think that you have had to deal with one entry a week probably has forced you to go elsewhere for fine internet entertainment. Might I suggest you check out this next time. Hilarious!!! I'm giggling just thinking about it.

So why the Wreckin' Ball title?? Well, we here at Toastedblog have decided to thank our good friend Kristin (aka Wreckin' Ball) for allowing the Toast to borrow the new Queens of the Stone Age album by puttin' her name on the board!! A better reward, there probably could have been, but she's not in it for the glory. Just in it to further the advancement of awesome rockingness!! That and it gives me the opportunity to say stuff like "Wreckin' Ball Comin!!" and have pictures of Carl Spackler on Toastedblog.

Where was I?? Oh yeah, Queens of the Stone Age (from now on shall be referred to as QOTSA). Lullibies to Paralyze is fantastic!! At least I think so. And I know how much my friends value my opinion on music, movies, sports, politics, etc. so my presenting the awesomeness value of this album may not matter all that much. But damned if I didn't go to minor league catcher camp, and damned if I wasn't NutRocker, Heisman trophy hopeful; so you will have to at least acknowledge my opinion.


Ya know, if you ever wanna rap, or just get weird with someone, buddies for life..I think. Posted by Hello

But this recently released QOTSA album is still pretty damn good. I have listened to it a few times since Shea let me borrow at the Change Of Pace last night. So far, I really like the song "I never came". As a matter of fact I am listening to it right now. A lot of critics of this album will say that this album may be missing a lot of uumph behind it due to the departure of bassist Nick Oliveri. Singer/guitarist Josh Homme does a bang up job picking up the slack and the album ends up being a bit moodier than past albums and is almost haunting all together. It's a lot of dark eerie harmonies and Homme's voice just blends in with 'em. You see a lot of this on the song "Someone's in the Wolf". But that's the thing, this is all really well done. At no point was I disappointed that I was listening to it. It gets the Toastedblog stamp of approval, so all you kiddies, feel free to pick it up. Get me a sandwich while you're out there, please. What?? What kind??!! I dont know....kinda in a reuben mood!! Yeah get me one of those!! And a root beer!! Delicious.

Well, rugby has officially started. We had been practicing inside Manley Field House and just doing a ton of running and only a few drills. The other day we had our first outdoor practice and not gonna mie to you, it was a little sloppy. We have a intersquad scrimmage on Saturday at noon with teams from both S.U. and LeMoyne to warm up for next weekend's tournament in Pennsylvania. I may have found myself some more playing time at the inside center position as apposed to wing. That means a little more hitting!! Is this a good thing?? I guess we'll find out. But in practices I have been running more there and I have to say I'm doing all right at it. Once again, I guess we'll find out.

Well, the job search has begun. The other day I posted a few resumes on monster.com and actually applied for a few jobs. But I am still upset at the way things ended at my job just last week. To be called at 11 pm and told not to come into work anymore. I still haven't gotten my stuff from my office. I was told that they didn't want me in my own office to get my personal belongings out of my desk. And to lose my job for something everyone else was doing, just seems a little shady is all. Billy tried to get me riled up and fiesty to stumble into my office all loaded and make a huge scene while requesting my stuff. To be honest, I wanted to stay out all night drinking and show up at my office at about 10 am with Willie Moe, Phelps, and Billy, all drunk and our stinking of diner food demanding that I be able to clean out my desk. Oh well, on to bigger and better things now I guess. And hopefully that reuben.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,this article is great,I found it on google and I love it very much.

[url=http://www.hogansitoufficialeonline.net]hogan online[/url] on [url=http://www.hogansitoufficialeonline.net]www.hogansitoufficialeonline.net[/url] ---- Very often, Hogan shoes industries will hold many activities to get their Hogan shoes for being well-known to the public. For them, this will be the quickest and the best way to be famous and win an awesome popularity.

[url=http://www.hogancollezione.com]hogan sito ufficiale[/url] on [url=http://www.hogancollezione.com]www.hogancollezione.com[/url] ---- Hogan shoes can be your best choice in this kind of season. They all private unique design and traditional style. Now Hogan shoes like a high reputation and always popular in abroad. In the end, they should become the required equipment in your way of life.

[url=http://www.hogan-scarpe-ufficiale.com]hogan on line[/url] on [url=http://www.hogan-scarpe-ufficiale.com]www.hogan-outlet-ufficiale.com[/url] ---- On the whole, Hogan shoes are more prepared bring in new ideas and are more willing to challenge. And it was said that they are aiming to invite many electronic business alliances to join in them so that you can enlarge their business.

[url=http://www.sitoufficialehoganscarpe.org]hogan interactive[/url] on [url=http://www.sitoufficialehoganscarpe.org]www.sitoufficialehoganscarpe.org[/url] ---- Hogan shoes are unique however is not too exaggerated, fashionable however is not too flamboyant, functional and piratical however is not vulgar. They have already been the symbol of luxury and casual lifestyle. Hogan shoes are favored by many people.

[url=http://www.maillotfootonline.com]maillot de foot[/url] on [url=http://www.maillotfootonline.com]www.maillotfootonline.com[/url] ---- Enter the entire world of maillot and you may discover a world connected with luxury footwear designed for people fashion. Our shop delivers fashionable, quality and cost reasonable maillot shoes. Purchase maillot Shoes Now!

[url=http://www.calzadoonlineshop.com]ECCO zapatos[/url] on [url=http://www.calzadoonlineshop.com]www.calzadoonlineshop.com[/url] ---- Our shoes are terrific and trendy. And we have factories by working together, we can make sure that shoes have got high quality and fashionable shoes. Free shipping!discount!

tendy said...

pop over to this site dolabuy.co read this article his response Look At This his comment is here