Monday, October 11, 2004

Welcome to Toastedblog, home of the world series of poker, and I'm Toastie, your Seven Card Stud.

While some of my fellow blogging audience has turned it down a notch with their posts, we here at toastedblog want it to stay HOT, so we keep bringing you the good stuff. Man, the hit's just keep comin' round here like a donkey chokin' on a waffle!! On with the show.

I have a giant bruise on my right ass cheek in the shape of a cleat. Is that the right way to start this?? Are there boundaries that we shouldn't cross?? No Way!!! This is toastedblog, no issue is too controversial!! No, I didn't get my ass kicked. I got trampled; there's a difference. While on the ground after being tackled, a few teammates immediately rucked over me to maintain possession of the ball. The only problem with situations like these is that your only defense is to cover your face and just deal with everything else, hence the dark purple cleat imprint on my booty. Upside is that we beat a very good Rochester team. They were a great group of guys as well. Usually at rugby socials after games there is an interaction between teams but never too much. On Saturday, we were all drinking together, sharing stories, playing drinking games, and the standard, golf ball in your cup so you gotta chug. I am looking forward to when they come play us here in a few weeks.

The majority of toasted attention is locked in on the ALCS, which starts tomorrow. Yanks vs. Sox, it doesn't get any better than this. Of course I would have like to see the Yankees out of it already but it wouldn't be the same if they didn't meet in the playoffs. Casey knows that playoff time is BYOB, bring your own BOO YA!! Did I want this series to happen?? You bet!! Am I nervous?? No way!! Am I looking forward to watching the Sox take on their hated rivals and sweep them in four straight games (knock on wood)?? Its go time!!! Oh, how my production at work will slip. To the NY Yankees, proudly giving expansion teams World Series Titles since 2001. This is going to be a great rest of the month.


No comments: