Monday, October 04, 2004

"This was a Pizza Hut, now its all covered in daisies."

Monday's toastedblog title comes from the mind of David Byrne. Mr. Byrne, thank you for your constant support of quirkiness in song. Without you, my total would be down one in my list of favorite song lyrics of all time. Thanks for letting Guster do some work with it as well!!

Here we stand, like an adam and an eve.
Waterfalls, the garden of eden
Two fools in love, so beautiful and strong
The birds in the trees, are smiling upon them
From the age of the dinosaurs cars have run on gasoline
Where, where have they gone? Now, it’s nothing but flowers

I also like the part when they sing about chocolate chip cookies. I must thoroughly suggest to you (audience) giving a listen to this song. I just find it extremely enjoyable. If you cannot obtain a copy, please feel free to let me know by inquiring within toastedblog and we'll work something out. I make some pretty sweet Casey's Mixes.

So, playoff baseball is just one day away and this fella couldn't be happier. Well I could be stuck with her. I have such a crush, and this has been going on for a few years. What is wrong with me?? Is it due to my love of music and her being a musician?? What would happen if I met her?? Would I just stare at the ground with my face turned all red kicking at the gound and mumbling quietly?? "So, ummmm, hello. Do you like.....stuff? I do. Do you want to, uhhh, go get a beer? Ok."

Anywho, back to baseball. Sox open the playoffs in Anaheim. This is an interesting matchup and the Angels have been one of the hotter teams in baseball of late. True, the Sox beat them pretty well last series they played but that was back when the Sox were ustoppable in August. We have Vlad vs. Manny, Glaus vs. Ortiz, Trot Nixon vs. the Bullpen, Rally Monkey vs. the Pedro's 28 inch tall friend!! This is when the season finally gets fun!! I'm going to have to fly home to catch as much of the first few innings a possible before rugby. What I am really looking forward to is watching Schilling in action again in the Postseason. It has only been a few years since Curt dominated the Yanks in 2001. It'd be nice to see it all over again. But first, have to worry about the Angels.

In other news, the writers here at Toastedblog are pretty pumped to inform you of the upcoming release of a new album from A Perfect Circle, called eMOTIVe, on election day (November 2, 2004). Shortly following this, a DVD entitled aMOTIOn will also be released. Dubya doesn't stand a chance.

Finally, we killed in rugby this past weekend. We played the Finger Lakes Vikings at home on a very sloppy and rain filled Saturday. They never had a chance. The score is almost too embarrassing to put up, but lets just say the game was called 10 minutes into the second half. Good thing Cornell showed up to play against us on the"B" side in the second game, which we also won. No tries for the Toast but made some key tackles and some nice runs. Had a penalty not been called during a play made by me the last statement would have been a little different. The blowout and the college team made the after game drink up the tops due to their lack of showing up. Because of this, a group of 26 guys had to put down 3 sheet pizzas, 250 wings, and 3 kegs of beer. Sunday morning....no thank you, Crazy Saturday night.....yes please!!!!

Hope all are doing well and this blog thing will continue giving you the finest in toasted info. I'm out!!


--casey

2 comments:

InkedDaisyGirl said...

gotta love APC ... have you had a chance to listen to their cover of 'imagine'? BEEYOOTIFUL!

dissertation writing services said...

I think Pizza Hut is split into several different restaurant formats; the original family-style dine-in locations; store front delivery and carry-out locations; and hybrid locations that offer carry-out, delivery, and dine-in options.