Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Last Night's Setlist

June 15, 2009, Baltimore, MD, Lyric Opera House
Ed solo tour - opening: Liam Finn


Set list: Walking the Cow, (Brain Damage intro) -> Sometimes, Trouble, Around The Bend, I Am Mine, Far Behind, No Ceiling, Guaranteed, Rise, Picture In A Frame, You're True, Open All Night (Springsteen), Driftin', You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, Let My Love Open The Door, Parting Ways, Small Town, Porch

1st encore: Society (with Jerry Hannan), Throw Your Arms Around Me (with Liam Finn), Golden State (with Eliza), Forever Young, Wishlist, Arc

2nd encore: Hard Sun

Not gonna lie to you, the show was pretty amazing and despite my best efforts not to I got kinda drunk. Vedder was once again engaging with the crowd although not as much this time around as opposed to the show I went to last year. The crowd for the most part was pretty cool, aside from your assortment of douchebags just screaming out requests for classic PJ songs. One kid in particular just kept yelling for "State of Love and Trust", which I know is a kick-ass tune and all, but come-on buddy, this ain't no Pearl Jam show here. The crowd also kinda ruined his version of Arc in which Eddie will just keep looping in different notes, screeches, and other various Eddie noises. However, te crowd just started clapping as if it were already time to coax Eddie into his second encore even though, well, he was still working on his first one. Unfortunately for those still sitting on their hands, Arc was cut short and was almost immediately followed by encore number 2. So it goes.

Aside from all that, my apparent miscommunication of t-shirt size (I came home with an XL as opposed to the standard Toast L) and the fact that I was wicked ass hungry due to no pre-show eats my second go-'round with a solo Vedder was none to shabby. One might even be pursuaded enough to call it the tops!!

No comments: