Wednesday, March 11, 2009

So....who's your name again???

Ok, this is starting to get a little bit ridiculous. I sit here at the foot hills of this blog every so often and I am only now getting officially worried. Why you ask??? Well, I have nothing to write about. I can't get the ol' noggin' jump started into dishing out creativity, hilarity, or even random movie quotes. Why?? I still feel smart, I mean, you should see what I've been doing around the office lately. But, whenever I show up at this page here and try to get the Toastie juices flowin' all that I'm left with at the end of the day......a total blank.

Now, granted my effort hasn't been on par of late, but the point that I am trying to make is....what the hell happened?!?!? I just need to break out of this funk that I seem to find myself in. My special lady friend is working insane hours and has been for a little while now. Myself, well I seem to be working insane hours to boot. Weekends??? Yeah...they just seem to be days to be doing work in jammies at home, as opposed to going on hikes and enjoying the wilderness. Weekends??? Their highlights of late have consisted of a trip to Target to get shit and spending under $100 at the grocery store. Really??? Is this what I sought out?? This is what I went to college for and continue to this very day to pay a shitload of student loans for. So I can turn my existence into two week pay intervals, just so I can in turn dish that money back to various lending industries, service providers, and $10 a week on fucking apples habit?!?! Not in my house Jackson!!!

But I must stay the course. I must persevere. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger right?? Well, then why am I complaining about this incredibly lost feeling that I am finding in myself?? Why then am I not strong enough to break free?? I'm not dead yet and I've been dealing with garbage for as long as I can remember so I've got to be fucking Terminator strong by now. I've been listening to music that preaches rebellion, standing up for what you are, and taking off for greener pastures when the future is bleak all of my life. Why am I still a corporate stooge instead of living the sweet life overseas somewhere?? Why am I not doing something that I love instead of wasting away in my office that no longer has windows (my team was moved during a restructuring/cutting of dead weight) but rather an exquisite view of the thermostat that starts each day at 72 degrees only to have other mindless drones who happen to be cold continuously turn it up until at the end of my day it reads 79. 79 fucking degrees??? What the hell people, just put a sweater on if you're that cold. No office should be 80 G.D. degrees. Anyway, what is going on here??? That answer should be simple enough. I CAN'T get away now.

On the agenda for the very near future is a weekend trip back home to Syracuse, NY for Pa Cregg's 57th birthday, one of which will hopefully clear up some things. Maybe that is what I need, just a few days away. Away from work, away from this feeling of "blargh". I've already planned on calling in sick with "March Madness" as to make this a good four days off as opposed to driving up on Friday night, only to spend another 6 plus hours in the car just one day later as I speed back to the District on Sunday. A couple days with friends that I haven't seen since Thanksgiving and in most cases even longer, sleeping in my old bed, joking around with my Dad, drinking Canadian Beer, watching days upon days of the tournament, eating reubens that don't cost $13...could this work??

1 comment:

Hill Rat said...

Why don't you get your ass out to practice? That will give you something to write about and give me a link while you're at it. If you do, I'll return the favor.

HR