Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Welcome to Toastedblog, where it's always warm, comfortable.......and handsome!

Sometimes the world looks perfect
Nothin' to rearrange
Sometimes you just
Get a feelin' like you need some kind of change

Standin' tall
On the wings of my dream
Rise and fall
On the wings of my dream

Rain and thunder, the wind and haze
I'm bound for better days

It's my life
It's my dream
Nothin's gonna stop me now.

Now that we have our theme song out of the way we can get on with the show, or the big dance which I often call it. Today I would like to introduce all Toastedblog fans to a glipse of my courtship with my new ladyfriend. Here we go, a little ham and eggs comin' at ya....better get your griddles.

**actual events may not have occurred outside of Toastie's head**

Dear Eva Longoria,

My Name is Toastie, well, that's what a lot of my friends call me. My name is actually Casey. I'm a loveable Irish scamp who knows how to make ladies laugh with fun humor and sheer overall stupidity. Well....uh....not sure how to say this so I just will; I think you're pretty. In Maxim Magazine, I
read that you love sports. What a coincidence; I also love sports!!! Did I mention that I was 5'11"?? Just wanted to say hello.

Sincerely,

Casey Cregg (Toastie)

As you can see that that I have begun said courtship through the written letter. I find that the written word is much more meaningful than lets say a phone call or what they call on the streets as a shout out or holla. I choose not to "holla at bitches". Rather, a classy letter or one that sounds as though you are about 11 years old and asking a girl to check the yes box on a note that asks do you like me. Lets see how this one plays out.

Dear Casey,

You sound adorable and you're right, I do LOVE sports!! I appreciate the complement on my looks, you're too sweet. But, I'm just like every other girl; I'm just looking for the right guy. Its hard out there at times to find that person and all I am looking for is a man who is 25 years old and irish who can grow a red beard, a former standout collegiate hockey player who also won the Heisman trophy under a pseudo-name, enjoys the precision passing of Phil Simms in Super Bowl XXI, loves sandwiches that are prepared for him, makes me laugh uncontrollably, has the ability to drink with his friends for three straight days and will let me be his sugar momma; because, lets face it, I make a lot of money. However, I'm afraid that I will never find this dream guy......unless........it's you?? Oh yeah, he has to be 5'11" too; I find that to be the most attractive height out there. Write back, you sound nice.

Love,

Eva

PS-How tall did you say you were??


I don't care if he doesn't watch my show, I loves me those goofy Irish men!! Posted by Hello

Ooh....Jackpot!! Now, through a series of letters and timely phone calls my personality and charm begins to take its toll on Ms. Longoria. You all know how I do!! Within minutes of speaking and making a complete fool out of myself, I can turn on the panache and the distinctive elegance of a cavalry officer. I am not quite sure what that means but I like the sound of it. However, all that I know is that my ability to be a doofy moron has paid off. She has no chance and we are currently looking at apartments on the Boston Area granted everything goes well with grad school. Nothing is quite like being 5'11"!!

In other news, the Change O'Pacers are unfortunately not heading to the playoffs following last nights loss to the Syracuse Fireman. I think they brought in some ringers for the game. Had we fully "utilized the ring around the Toastie" game plan first presented be Uncle Jitter, the outcome may have been different, but I'm not suggesting that's why we lost. We couldn't hit a shot in the first half. At one point, about 2/3rds the way through the half, it was 9 to 7. The second half began with the score 29-7. We ended up losing by about 20 to a good team, something like 63 to 45. Good guys, a little rough with some of their fouls that were never called, but a good team nonetheless. The big news was Toastie upping the ante a bit and scoring 11 points, including knocking a three pointer down his first shot of the game, which drew the quote of "Coooolld Bloooded" as I ran back past Billy and Phelpsy on the bench. I was scoring inside and outside, and that never happens, probably never will again. A sad note to end our season though, had we won we would have made the playoffs at 5th place. We finished the season strong by improving quite a bit from our first game out there. Playing together as a team, passing, good team defense, and just plain hustle, thats how we played. We finished up having a beer together as a team at our bar, and sponsor, the good old Change Of Pace, and talking about funny and great moments over the course of the season, and there were plenty of them. I had a lot of fun playing with those guys, even though I don't have any legit basketball experience. However, we may not be fully done as we are currently looking at some options to join spring leagues. The only trouble there besides getting people to show up to a gym on a nice spring day is that I begin the rugby season in March and April, and I also have softball and a summer hockey league. Could be interesting but I'd like to see it happen. I was starting not to be that bad.

Well, its 12:52 and time to head to lunch, or as I should say, go to the gym for an hour and then eat a sandwich afterwards. Happy Ash Wednesday to all my fellow Irish Catholics; the regulars too. Take care and we'll catch ya on the flip flop.

No comments: