Friday, January 21, 2005

Always give it your best; that's my motto! Well, that and everybody Wang Chung tonight

What a week Toastedblog faithful!! Let me tell you, when you go the last few years having a car at your every disposal you can get quite accustomed to it. It has been since Tuesday morning since I last drove a gas powered vehicle and I am pretty sure that if I ever get my Jeep back I will not have a single clue on how to use it. Since I brought it in to get my alignment adjusted I have gone from having the assumption that I will be without an automobile for a few hours to what is now three days. I went from spending around $100 for a simple alignment to a grand total of $1265 for a slightly used front wheel axle housing (For new parts, it was $3,000). Paying to get my car fixed, that doesn't bother me. These things happen. Its the being told by our mechanic here that it will be ready Thursday morning, getting a call around noon saying that it will definitely will be ready by four, once again receiving a call that it should be ready by Friday morning, and finally, we'll be done by the time you are out of work today, aka 5:00 pm. Whatever, its not worth getting frustrated over. It's just hard not to given my history of automobiles, most recently the toasted convertible mishap.

So it is currently 4:22 and I am not even close to getting this Toastedblog entry done. I started earlier in my day here at the office and surprisingly enough I found myself busy at work. Who knew?? I sure didn't and to make up for my lack of time management I am trying to ramble here about nothing to give this entry some adaquate length, but you and I both know that this is not going to happen. I can't even get into discussing this weekends plans for there is no time. What can I tell you about you wonderful toastedblog fans. Well, I had a delicious roast beef sandwich for lunch. Damn it!! That's the best I can come up with on short notice, a sandwich?? No clever joke?! No witty remark?! No mind boggling historical fact?! No riddle wrapped in an enigma?! No Shakespearean Sonnet?! That's it, I've got nothing. Have a good weekend, we'll chat later.





No comments: