Thursday, December 18, 2008

"This new holiday of yours is scratching me right where I itch."

The various teams here at the office have specifically gone out of their way to decorate their respective areas in the spirit of Christmas. In another spirit, competition, some sort of prize, or treat, is being promised to the team with the best/most original decoration. In his continuing effort to buck the norm, the Toast has done his own part.

"FESTIVUS IS BACK!! I'll go get the pole from the crawl space."



That's right internet audience. The Toast here has the pole up and ready. The beauty here is all in it's subtlety. While most folks at the work place have Christmas cutouts all over the walls, file cabinets wrapped up like giant gifts, and that distracting tinsel all to and fro, I sit with an aluminum pole set up outside my office, a sign on the wall that says "Festivus Yes! Bagels No!", and a clip board to list "the airing of grievances". If I don't win something here, I'm calling shenanigans.

Happy Festivus Everyone!! We still have a few days till the actual Holiday is upon us but if its not worth starting to celebrate now, I don't want to be a part of it.

2 comments:

Willie Moe said...

And now its time for feats of strength! Please say you won't let anyone leave the office on Tuesday til someone pins you!

Toastie said...

Surprisingly enough, everyone in my office thinks I'm special. You know, retarded?? I don't get it whatsoever. This is Seinfeld people, you don't know Festivus...at ALL??