Saturday, February 25, 2006

Music for a Solemn Mood.

I find myself sitting in front of my computer here on a Saturday afternoon listening to "Hunky Dory" by David Bowie trying to make sense of my most recent phone conversation. My mother called to tell me that Pop Pop, my Grandfather out in Chicago, suffered a heart attack and died early this afternoon. As I sat back down "Hunky Dory" just sort of popped on and I haven't been able to really move to change it. I don't really know what the next step is as it was a rather difficult talk with Mom but I should be heading west within the next few days. I can't really write anymore as no time has really past and this is just starting to sink in. However, I'll leave this post with something to help me out. One of my favorite memories of Pop Pop occured just this past Summer when I was out in Chicago during Dependence Day Weekend. I was able to free myself from the neverending partying onslaught provided by Danny and Uncle Jitter to have dinner with my mother and Grandparents and this is where Pop Pop did his best to score me a date with our waitress. Had I lived out there, it definitely would have worked. I'm really going to miss him.

1 comment:

Willie Moe said...

sorry for your loss buddy