Thursday, April 14, 2005

What could possibly make you think that late night Taco Bell is ever a good idea??

Ok, I know that I have done many a stupid things over the past few years and true, much of it has come as an obvious reaction to an excess of alcohol consumption, but I have no idea what possesed me to make such a hasty and rash decision last night. What was that life altering choice you ask?? Did you knock out a fellow motorist and flee the scene in his Ford Focus?? No. What'd ya do Toast; club some baby seals?? No dice. Actually, I'll tell you what's up. Yesterday. I voluntarily went to Taco Bell. Doh!!


Oh, hurts so good. Posted by Hello

Now, when I say that I went to Taco Bell, I mean I REALLY went to Taco Bell. I mean, I gorged on that grade D taco meat and was NOT shy with the hot sauce packets. I'm not going to lie to you my Toastedblog readers, I decided to visit the local Bell in an altered condition (with a few beers) and I do feel that my reasoning may have been affected. But I really took the idea and ran with it though.

Wednesday Night, 12:47 am: I zoom up to the drive-thru with a cigarette in hand and the new Beck album blasting in my Jeep. At this point in time I am still really wondering what the hell I am doing here and am seriously contemplating driving off to just eat something at home. Part of me is fully aware of what the horrible outcome will be when I wake tomorrow and feel like someone has just played the worst prank on me imaginable and taken away my ability to properly digest food. This, almost two full weeks after April Fool's. The bastards!! But, I continue and now I'm up to order. So what do I do??? Well, seeing as how I haven't eaten since that english muffin for breakfast I naturally do the classic over-order. Either it was the glance out of the corner of my eye or it was the blazing lights that surrounded its perimeter but I was drawn to the Big Bell Value Menu.

Toast: Yeah, I'll go with the spicy chicken burrito, no wait make that two. Yeah, and the spicy chicken taco, I can do that. Ooh ooh, and the beef and bean burrito, I'm pretty sure I can handle that too. Make sure you throw in a bunch of those hot sauces.

Taco Bell Associate: Would you like anything to drink?

Toast: No thanks, I have beers at home.

That was my order, verbatim. I head home with my sack o' crap and immediately throw Arrested Development in the DVD player. Run to the fridge, crack open a beer, and tear into awful mexican food like drunk Willie Moe on Scooter's COP pizza. Here I was laughing hysterically at Buster explaing to GOB about hermano being Spanish for brother by saying "Hey Hermano" and mimicking a shoulder rub; all while dumping hot sauce over every portion of chicken burrito and shoveling it in my mouth. It is during nights like these that you notice some pretty awesome talents that you didn't know that you had no idea that you possessed. For instance, did you know that I can eat a taco in two bites. Yeah, neither did I. Amazing.

Needless to say that after that meal I only had enough energy to watch another episode and a half before I was out like a light. And not to disturb those readers with weaker stomachs but I was correct in my assumption in what the food would do to me the morning after. Dammit, I hate being right. Stupid tacos!! But damn did they taste good!!

In other current Toasted news, I am heading down to Montauk, Long Island for the Northeast Regional Rugby Playoffs this weekend. My team, the Syracuse Chargers, come in ranked No. 1 and have a first round bye. Not half bad. Should be a good weekend from what the others are saying. I'm just looking to have a few beers, a few laughs, a few what-have-you's. That and playin' some good rugby. This is going on while a bunch of the boys (Tommy, Javen, Dunford, Possible Willie Moe) are heading up to Montreal for a few days. I'm definately missing out on a good time. Smoked meats, 7 cent (Canadian) chicken wings, Aquarium sized pitchers of Canadian Beer (which we all know is like moonshine), strip clubs, Ste. Catherine's St, possible Jose Theodore sightings; how can I give all that up?

No comments: