Friday, February 01, 2008

Not gonna talk about it.


here we are a mere two days away from the super bowl and the toast has yet to throw out some witty commentary on the big game. I mean, the giants are in it for chrissakes! with all that media crap that goes on before the game the endless talk and anaylsis that keeps getting brought up, magnified and picked apart incessently, I am just unable to comment. fact is, all of it drives me fuckin' insane!! that's why there shouldn't be two weeks in between championship week and the super bowl. take note nfl, it makes the toast angry, you want to be the ones responsible for that?? no, I didn't think so.

but your team is in the big game and you're not even going to discuss what the possible outcome could be?? what could happen on the biggest stage in all of sports??? do eli and the giants have a chance against the unbeatable pats?? my response...no comment. just want to see a good game. thats all the analysis that you're going to get from this guy. not going to discuss plaxico's guarantee and I am certainly not going to bring up brady's boot, or now lack there of. not going to write about the sheer fucked up craziness of a 12 point spread or the versatility of the pats offense. going five wide or lining up with two tight ends and playing smash mouth...who gives a shit?? randy moss and his restraining order, the giants with the flu, the new eli, bill simmons slurping the pats and their "dream season" (by the way, the internet audience here may be quite glad that I can't really get to espn.com while at work as I would be throwing a shit stormin' temper tantrum if I could read what I imagine is inthis), how necessary it is for the front four of the giants to get pressure on brady, welker and faulk and their abilities to do their job, the giants being a better team overall without shockey and tiki. nope, no more super bowl talk here.

well I guess I can say something. lady toast has given me the go ahead to make a heap o' eats and have the fridge fully stocked with some beers as we're going to be having a few guests for the game. so far, rumor has it that there is going to be a variety of dips and apps brought by a few people (reuben dip, mmmm.....) and the toast is throwing together some top notch pulled pork and some drunken spicy pull and eat shrimp. ohh...so tasty. my digestive system is so screwed.

that's it, GO GIANTS!!!

2 comments:

Willie Moe said...

Hey,you'll finally be able to outdo Phelps, since he won't be there! Or will he? What am I saying?! Phelps cheese sauce is probably being prepped as I type! And he will be serving up a smorgasbord of treats , whether to guests at casa de phelps, or just to random patients, and Phelps wins just cuz we know it's out there. Oklahoma drills, NOW!

Willie Moe said...

Also where's all the animosity coming from? Toasted blog has comeback with avengeance and an "R" rating! No longer family friendly? On a sidenote they have had notes up all day in Boston, for cars to not be parked on streets by colleges, in preparation for the riotous revelling after the game. They are also closing off Kenmore Square, so no Cask 'n' Flaggon. Dang!