Monday, September 12, 2005

Sunday's can always be counted on for providing a few o' my favorites: watching some football, a beer or two, and fried stuff with cheese!

Ahh..the NFL, she's a back. Toast is a huge enthusiast of surrendering his entire Sunday to the likes of some healthy beer swilling men and the dank dark hole that we always return to come mid-September. Javen..Bill...you would have been awfully disappointed with the performance of Pat's Pub yesterday. Here's just a short list of dang its:

- only one sheet pizza was provided
- even scarier dudes than normal and the previous scary dudes got even worse
- a forty year old non-hot bartender
- no random really hammered townie!

What's the deal??

With the aid of a certain "Willie Moe" Emerson and Marcus C. Chumps, I was able to forge ahead with my opening day and make it to the coveted Giants v. Card's matchup. The decision to go to the C.O.P. at half put a little more hop in my step. Good evening all around, we get a Billy Ball run-in, Shockey gets a touchdown while the Giants win, and not to forget some top notch eating. A little word to the wise, too many garlic wings will not improve your standard "I drank a few beers while watching football and I may have made a big mistake" status.


Ooooooh...Stuff's gonna get Shockeyed!! Posted by Picasa

In other opening day news, my rugby team beat Buffalo pretty good on Saturday. I even scored my first try of the season. Not half bad Toast. Not bad at all. The Toast was forced to wear a knee brace as my right knee is still a bit filled with fluid since injuring it a few weeks ago in a rugby tournament in Saratoga and it feels like it needs a bit of support. I got the knee looked at this past Friday and the Doctor refered me to see another. Thinks it might be the MCL. I really am not having any stability issues with it or "real" pain. I practiced on Thursday, played two games on Saturday, ran, got hit, and gave hits and no problems were had. We'll see where it goes from here.

At the drink-up after the game, I ran into a guy I knew from my college days, John McGowan. He played rugby at LeMoyne and lived near me back in the Lancaster Ave. days. McGowan was the scrumhalf playing for Buffalo and I didn't really notice it was him until about the halfway point of the second half for I was at my normal wing position. The run-in we had at the chili on our post game spread would confirm the McGowan sighting. By the way, the chili ended up being pretty tasty.

All righty folks, I gotta get runnin' here. We's got some mo' football to watch! I just hope Madden refers to some Shockey.

SHOCK-EEE!!!

2 comments:

Bojangles said...

That Jerry Simpson gets it, Toast. He just plain, dad gummed gets it. Oh, and fuck Shocky. J.P. all the way, baby!

Unknown said...

Gotta echo Mr. Bojangles on the Fuck Shockey point. Well said. J.Pizzle fo' shizzle freak-biiitch!